Vivace® Direct – February 7th, 2024
The Five Whys Behind Social Media Marketing
Social media has become a game-changer for the aesthetics industry, revolutionizing the way professionals and businesses in this field connect with their patients, showcase their work, and drive growth. Here are several reasons why social media is critically important for the aesthetics industry:
1. Visual Showcase: Aesthetics is inherently visual, and social media provides the perfect platform to showcase before-and-after photos, videos, and other visual content. This enables providers to demonstrate their expertise and the transformative results they can achieve, building trust and credibility with potential patients. As our first eBook, “Current Social Media Marketing Trends & Insights”, outlines, eight (8) in ten (10) consumers said they researched a procedure or treatment before seeking care. This shows how important is it for your practice to put its best foot forward, even before a patient steps foot in your office. Consider showcasing before and after photos in more places than just one! We like to in incorporate our before and after photos on our all of our social media platforms, as well as through email and SMS.
2. Building a Brand: In the aesthetics industry, trust is paramount. Social media allows providers and practices to build and promote their brand effectively. Through consistent branding, engaging content, and positive interactions with followers, professionals can create a strong online presence that sets them apart from competitors. As mentioned in our most recently released eBook, “Stay Ahead with These Upcoming Social Media Trends”, 52% of consumers discover brands through a social media platform. Additionally, social media platforms provide a direct line of communication with patients. This allows providers to engage with patients, answer questions, and address concerns promptly. Positive patient testimonials and reviews can be showcased, serving as powerful endorsements. On the @VivaceExperience Instagram account, we focus on opening dialog in feed and encouraging conversations in order to to build a strong online community.
3. Educational Content: Social media offers an opportunity to educate patients about various treatments, procedures, and post-care. By sharing informative content, such as blog posts, infographics, and video explanations, providers can empower patients to make informed decisions and develop a deeper understanding of the treatments they’re receiving. Video content and digital webinars are a great way to explain topics in depth to your audience. Keep in mind the length of your video. For example, longer, more in-depth content is best positioned on YouTube. On the other hand, shorter, “quick tips” videos are best used for a 30-90 second video on TikTok, Instagram Reels, or Instagram Stories.
4. Targeted Advertising and Audience: Social media platforms offer highly-targeted advertising options. Aesthetics professionals can reach potential patients based on demographics, interests, and behavior. This precision ensures that marketing efforts are directed towards the most relevant and likely customers. Not only can it offer a targeted marketing approach, but social media also breaks down geographical barriers, allowing aesthetic professionals to reach a global audience if desired. A great way to take advantage of the advanced targeting abilities that social media offers, is to utilize lookalike audiences on Meta Ads Manager to reach new patients who are likely to be interested in your practice because they’re similar to your best existing patients.
5. Staying Current with Trends: As the aesthetics industry rapidly evolves, new treatments, technologies, and trends emerge regularly. Medical providers discern which trends best fit their practice philosophies. Social media is an invaluable tool for sharing these adopted trends with patients. Like the aesthetic industry, social media itself is constantly evolving, offering providers the opportunity to get creative and try new methods of connecting with their communities. It’s easy to try out social media trends and see what resonates with your audience. Jumping on a social media trend is not only a great way to stay current, but also offers more content options for your posting schedule. To help you keep up with current trends and consistently deliver engaging content, our team distributes monthly social media assets directly to your inbox.
Social media plays a pivotal role in the aesthetics industry by enabling providers and businesses to visually showcase their work, build their brand, educate patients, connect with the community, gather feedback, advertise effectively, stay current with trends, and reach a global audience. It has become an indispensable tool for professionals looking to thrive in this competitive and ever-evolving field. Make sure you are taking advantage of the opportunities social media presents for your business!
Get In Touch